Life without stress
- The course: Learn the technique, understand the principles of meditation, and get guidance for your practice
- Suitable for: All including beginners, those new to this technique and for those of any faith or none
- Content: Talk on meditation practice with short periods of meditation and Q&A sessions
- Format: The course can be taken in 3 parts (one weekday evening per week), or in a single condensed session (Saturday/Sunday half day)
All courses are free, donations welcome. You don't need to bring or wear anything special - come as you are!
Our mind is the powerhouse through which we achieve and enjoy everything in life - but its cravings are also the cause of tension, insecurity and loss of peace. As we take care of our physical well-being, we also need to look after the health of the mind.
Through regular practice of meditation it is possible to live without the stress and anxieties that often invade life in this modern age. By using the mind to the best of its abilities, we achieve the best in whatever we wish to pursue while also considering the needs of others.
In this course you will:
- learn a simple and powerful meditation technique practised by great meditation masters
- understand clearly what makes meditation effective
- get help and guidance to start your own regular practice
Who is it for?
No prior experience with meditation is required and beginners are most welcome. The course starts with basic principles and progresses into higher concepts, building up a solid foundation for you to establish your own practice. Experienced meditators will benefit from insight into the practice of meditation and learn how to progress further.
This course is thus ideal for anyone with an interest in meditation as a practice for bringing the mind under control, gaining freedom from mental restlessness and the resulting negative feelings such as fears, doubts and fatigue. With a regular practice, a permanent peace and happiness becomes possible while pursuing any way of life in this world.
The course is run in three sessions over 3 weekday evenings. There will be a talk in each session followed by a period of meditation practice, and ending with a quesion-and-answer session. Core concepts of the Jangama Meditation practice are covered in detail over these three sessions. Participants should plan to attend all three parts of the course as each is designed to build progressively onto the next.
There is also a condensed version of the course held over a single Saturday or Sunday afternoon, for those who may be unable to take out time for the full course over three sessions. All the material from the full course is covered though in abbreviated form.
All our courses are free of charge, and you don't need to bring or wear anything special. Just dress comfortably so you can sit for short periods of meditation. Please contact us if you have any accessibility requirements. Donations are accepted with thanks.